Of Dogs and Men in Picture
Mark Twain once said, “If you pick up a starving dog and you make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man”. The brevity of such statement leads us to make a decision in accordance with raising a dog. Many times, dogs are considered man’s best friend.
However, beyond the facade of such belief is the reality that all animals can be pets and feeding an animal is not the sole motion for keeping the animal as your friend. More so, if you train an animal, you can actually pet it.
But before doing so, you must be aware that specific dog training requires ultimate temperamental handling. Each type of handling depends on the dogs’ or any animal’s breed. For this section, we will focus on the easier subjects- the dogs.
Familiar to our senses, dog attitudes and temperaments are greatly molded by breed. Mixing up or concentrating dog breeds plays an important role in their training and petting phase. That is why recent studies reveal that temperamental handling, lest the dog’s health can be made or broken through hybrid or pure breeding.
The Perks of Dog Training
Dog training can be the iciest endeavor (bar none) if you are not familiar of the common traits for each breed. While some dogs can be extremely outgoing therefore needing a stronger pull, some dogs are extremely introvert requiring a lesser yet firmer kind of push. At the utmost concern, you will have to know you dog from top to bottom first before dealing with them entirely.
In addition to that, dog training business had to be more than just a yes or no. Although there a number of dog training and assisting programs in the U.S., it does not imply that you are acquitted from the responsibility of disciplining them. As a responsible, caring and loving owner, you, above everyone else, are the first to know the single needs of your dog physical and emotional.
Rooting Through the Breed
Therefore, allow this article to serve as a vehicle for improving your relationship with your pet. Through the holistic pictures of dog breeds presented, you can have at least a universal picture of how dogs are to be trained based on the level of tolerance as dictated by their breeds.
Here are examples of two dog breeds you can usually come across with:
- Bouvier Des Flandres (AKC, UKC).
- Bovier Des Flandres make smooth and trusty watchdogs.
- This cuddly and curly animal is fun to be around with children.
- Among other dog breeds, they respond very well to training and other insertion methods.
- These dogs can be the best candidate for fancy dressing since they have high tolerance for cuddling and petting.
- If bred carelessly, this type of dog can be extremely timid or aggressive.
- This type of dog requires often grooming more than any other dog breeds.
- This type of dog can be difficult to heel. So, training it will definitely need a firmer but less painful pull from the leash. It is very often that this dog type tends to shy away. But, in the case of hybrids, you will have to execute the firm push at times. You will have to let it be what it is intended to be.
- It could be very difficult to determine its temperament not until it reaches a certain level of maturity. Some dogs of these breed can mature fast while others, the shy ones, mature very slowly.
- English can be ultimately easygoing.
- Although most of these dogs are classified as hunting dogs, they can be very gentle and in-control around older people.
- It is as if hunting has already been programmed in the mind of this breed. English setters can be very keen and sensitive with changes in movements, patterns, nuances, sounds, scent and even behavior.
- The very sensitive trait of the English Setter catapults it into one of the most trustworthy breeds ever noted. An English Setter can actually forecast an incoming danger with a scent.
- This dog breed can be highly empowered.
- The Setter is a strong-willed dog. This dog has tendency to become highly stubborn. If it does not get what it wants, it succumbs to chewing problems.
- This particular dog breed can be very difficult to train. Even with a very firm leashing approach, it needs to reach a certain level of maturity before falling into the soft spark.
- Getting them to follow what you want takes a serious amount of time before being realized.
- Breeding the Setter can be equally daunting. Developing a roster of traits for the puppies require tremendous preparation.
- Beyond being firm, you will have to be very diligent, consistent and sincere in training the dog. Remember that this dog breed is very keen with changes in patters or routines. So, the best way to train is to make daily the command sessions. With the help of a leash, you can actually execute the training session without the bumps and bruises.
Now that you have sunk your teeth into the most challenging dog breeds, it is just right that you take into consideration the training approaches before actually training them yourself. Dog traits, dispositions, temperaments and physical capacities are greatly molded by breed. Mixing up or concentrating dog breeds, again, plays a crucial indication with the kind of training approach you give them.
That is why recent studies reveal that temperamental handling, lest the dog’s health can be made or broken through hybrid or pure breeding. Dog training has often broken the boundaries between actual human from animal psychology.
Ready… One, Two, Three- Heel!
As we know well, dogs learn fast. It is now your choice- would just give in to Twain’s opinion that dogs are just good enough for feeding or would care to push limits? The answer lies in your hands. You woof out what you think is right.
But, before everything else, like rearing a child, you must be prepared physically, emotionally, mentally and financially in order that you can build a strong relationship with your dog.