Learning about the best companion dogs will help you in deciding what type of dog you are going to get for you and your family. Even if you claim that a dog is a man’s best friend, there are still points you need to consider before making the final decision because not every dog is for you.
The most important aspect that you need to chew over is the breed of the dog you are going to get. It’s essential that you get a dog that will fit your personality and lifestyle.
List of The Best Companion Dogs for You and Your Family
- Labrador Retriever
The Labrador Retriever is probably the most famous breed among many countries. These dogs make excellent companion and service dogs because they are loyal, obedient, and most of all, they love to please their owners.
- Golden Retriever
Golden Retrievers are popular among children as they are very friendly, have high levels of energy, and they love to play. This makes them the best companion dogs because even when they like to play and exercise, they still prefer to hang out and be with their owners.
The Pointer is an excellent companion for someone who is athletic. This dog is very energetic and needs to be doing something most of the time. So if you are into intense exercising and lives an active lifestyle, this dog is definitely for you. To prevent the dog from getting irritable, it should get enough exercise and play every day.
The Bloodhounds are not as playful and active as the other breeds. However, they have an excellent sense of smell, which makes them the best companion dogs for older adults who need both companionship and protection.
The Bulldog is for someone who requires minimal maintenance. This type of dog is known to be the happiest dog, making it the ideal pet for people struggling with depression and anxiety.
- Boston Terrier
The Boston Terriers don’t need that much exercise compared to other breeds. They love to interact with their owners and play games with them. These dogs are ideal for those who merely want companionship.
They might be considered one of the best companion dogs, but they are quite hard to train. So, if you are looking for a dog that enjoys commands and tricks, this isn’t the dog for you. On the plus side, the Pekingese is a very faithful dog, so you can be assured that you’ll have a lifetime friend with this one.
Getting a Dog Makes All the Difference
Now that you know some of the best companion dogs, it’s time to learn the benefits of owning one. We all know the purpose of having a pet: for companionship, for protection, to have someone to exercise with, and so on.
But, are you aware that pets, particularly dogs, are valuable for your children, too? Here are some reasons why having a dog is beneficial for your children:
- They teach your children about responsibility. When you let your children participate in caring for your dogs like during feeding and bathing time, you are showing them the importance of taking care of one another.
- They help your children remain active. Children need to be playing outside. Having the best companion dogs will help achieve this.
- They boost the children’s immune system. When you expose your children to pets, their immune system gets stronger to make them less vulnerable to respiratory problems, such as colds.
- They can prevent loneliness if you have an only child. A child needs someone else, other than their parents to play with. Having a pet is the closest to having a sibling. A pet gives compassion and companionship without having to deal with sibling rivalry.
- They help in improving your children’s social skills. They can even help a child who has a speech delay. They encourage these children to talk so they can give their pets commands and teach them tricks.
Whatever type of dog you choose, the fact remains that they are excellent companions. They will never betray you and will love you until the end. Now that you know the different breeds and what they are like, you can finally choose among the best companion dogs that will fit your family perfectly.